Universities and Careers
The great majority of our pupils secure places at Russell Group universities, recognised as the UK’s leading institutions. This is due to expert guidance in Lower 5 – Upper 5 when choosing the most advantageous combinations of subjects for GCSE and A-Level, followed by the detailed advice and support they receive in the Sixth Form.
Our pupils enjoy an excellent record in securing places at medical schools, and at Oxford and Cambridge - a process that is overseen by the school’s Oxbridge Coordinator.
Pupils are guided through their university applications by an Advice Team which includes the Head of Sixth Form, as well as the Head of Careers, UCAS and Further Education. Interview practice and university visits are built into the Sixth Form programme, allowing pupils to make their applications with confidence and in good time.
University destinations 2016
Norwich School was ranked 14th nationally in the Sunday Times’ Schools Guide for leavers getting a place at their chosen university.
Times Good University Guide 2016 League Table Figures
- 75% Norwich School leavers were placed at Top 30 UK universities.
- 56% were placed in the top 20 and 35% at top 10 UK universities.
- 15 pupils gained places at Oxford or Cambridge.
Russell Group Figures
- 70% were placed at Russell Group universities.
Medical Application successes
- 90% of medical school applications were successful.
- In 2015, 81% secured places at their first choice universities and 9% at their insurance choices. 10 pupils went to Cambridge and 10 to Oxford.
- In 2014, 78% secured places at their university of first choice and 12% went to their ‘insurance choice’. 22 pupils gained places at Oxford or Cambridge.